The types of personal information that we collect about you will depend on our relationship with you and may include the following:
- Your name, gender, date of birth, contact details, photos;
- Your financial information, including your bank account and credit card details;
- Any other information that we may need to identify you as well as any information that you provide to us on our website.
We may collect personal information where you input information into our website, purchase our goods, sign up to our newsletter, and/or from cookies and traffic data.
How we use and disclose your personal data
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To provide you with our goods and services;
- To improve our goods and services;
- To send you updates and promotional information relating to our products;
- For research purposes. Some of the data provided may be de-identified e.g. no name or reference to data from which you are reasonably likely to re-identified by;
- To maintain records and comply with our legal obligations.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- Our employees, contractors and third party service providers. This includes social network providers, payment providers e.g for goods purchased from us with others that may manage our brand or product promotions and for others that may develop or maintain our systems or technology which will enable us to enhance and better our offering for your continued use;
- Those parties who we are required to provide your personal information to by law, for example, to comply with a court order, prevent illegal use or to defend third party claims;
- Associated businesses that may wish to market products to you; and
- Those persons that we may sell all or a portion of our business to, as well as their agents and advisors.
During the course of providing our goods and services to you, we may disclose your personal information to persons located outside of Australia. Before disclosing your personal information to any person located outside of Australia, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to your personal information. This may include (without limitation), making enquiries with respect to the recipient’s existing data protection measures and imposing contractual obligations on the recipient to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles.
If you are situated in any country other than Australia (including the European Economic Area), we will take the necessary steps to ensure that your personal information is protected in a manner consistent with the relevant laws when being disclosed to parties situated outside of the country (or in the case of members of the EU, the European Economic Area). We will also require our agents, consultants and sub-contractors to whom we disclose your personal information to maintain a similar standard of the protection.
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with current information about offers you may find of interest, changes to our organisation, or new products or services being offered by us or any company with whom we are associated.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time decline to receive such information by contacting us through email@example.com. If the direct marketing is by email you may also use the unsubscribe function. We will not charge you for giving effect to your request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
We have adopted a number of measures to ensure that the security of your personal information is maintained. Such measures include:
- The adoption of internal practices, procedures and systems – this includes the training of staff with respect to the risks and threats to personal information, providing them with access to our internal policies and procedures on this issue and taking disciplinary action if they are found to have breached our policies;
- Access security – we ensure that access to personal information is provided on a ‘need to know’ basis and is secured with password protection;
- Destruction and de-identification – when we no longer need your personal information for the purposes detailed in this policy or as required by law, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify the personal information that we have collected.
We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. This includes information received from our partners or third parties.
- Enhance your online website experience;
- To track and report on website usage;
- To personalise your experience and make it easier for you to do what you want.
You can change your browser’s cookie settings via your browser privacy settings.
Third Party Privacy
From time to time, we may provide hyperlinks to third party websites that we do not control. We do not accept any responsibility nor make any warranties with respect to the collection, use, disclosure and storage of your personal information when accessing those websites. It is your responsibility to review the privacy policies of the websites that you are accessing.
Access and Correction
You may seek to access, delete (where permitted by law) or correct personal information which we hold about you. We will provide that access in accordance with the applicable laws, however there are certain exemptions, which may apply to the provision of that information. In certain circumstances, we may charge a reasonable administration fee for granting access to information.
If we have obtained your consent to process certain personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you would like to obtain access to or correct personal information, please contact:
Postal Address: 16 Mona Road, Darling Point, NSW 2027
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaints or Disputes
If you have any concerns or complaints about your privacy and the Australian Privacy Principles, or you have any queries on how your personal information is collected or used please contact us at:
We will respond to your query or complaint within a reasonable time. If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may make a complaint to the relevant privacy regulator, which, in Australia, is Office of the Australian Information Commissioner who can be contacted on either www.oaic.gov.au or 1300 363 992.